105 Adelaide Environmental Overview
At 105 Adelaide Street West, we are committed to providing the highest quality commercial office space while bringing responsible environmental solutions and innovative energy-saving strategies to our tenants. This is evident by both the environmental programs that we support and the green amenities that we offer at the building.
105 Adelaide Street West is BOMA 360 designated through BOMA International. This international designation recognizes excellence in six aspects of property management and operations, including Building Operations & Management; Life Safety, Security & Risk Management; Training & Education; Energy; Environment & Sustainability; and Tenant Relations & Community Involvement.
In addition to being BOMA 360 designated, the property has implemented Brookfield Properties’ national environmental programs and actively manages its energy performance through. Finally, 105 Adelaide Street West offers tenants bike parking and access to a bike repair and maintenance toolkit. Sustainable modes of transportation are well used at the building and are the primary commuting method for 94% of building occupants when traveling to or from their workplace
- Savings are calculated as 2014 vs 2018
- Figures represent absolute data. Normalization factors such as weather & occupant density, or operational changes are not included.
Green amenities and highlights at 105 Adelaide include:
- Annual Earth Hour participant
- Annually report to Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey
- Bike parking & maintenance facilities
- Contributes to LEED® CI Certification in Tenant spaces
- FSC Certified paper products
- Green Cleaning practices
- myBrookfield engagement app with sustainability tips, news, and events
- Winner of 2012 “Lowest Energy Intensity Award” (under 500,000 sq/ft) in Regional Greening Greater Toronto Awards
- Winner of 2013, 2014 and 2015 “Lowest Energy Use Award” (250,000-500,000 sq/ft) in Regional Greening Greater Toronto Awards
At Brookfield Properties, we work directly with our waste management providers, tenants, building occupants, and visitors towards a common goal of reducing the amount of waste we generate and send to landfill. By ensuring the correct items are placed in each waste bin, we can reduce the amount of contamination found in our waste streams. Since contaminated waste streams often end up as landfill, making the right bin choice is a quick way to make a positive impact on our community.
Waste Sorting Tips and Tricks
- Ensure all containers are empty before recycling
- Look for recycling numbers on the underside of jars and bottles for recycling information
- When recycling large boxes in the office, break them down so that they are flat
- Remember that recycling at work is not the same as home
- Remember that anything contaminated will go straight to the garbage dump
- When in doubt, ask your tenant services manager where your waste goes