Bay Adelaide Centre Environmental Overview
At Bay Adelaide Centre, we are committed to providing the highest quality commercial office space while bringing responsible environmental solutions and innovative energy-saving strategies to our tenants. Both of the office towers that comprise Bay Adelaide Centre have achieved a certification under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Core & Shell green building rating system. The West Tower is Gold Certified and the East Tower is Platinum Certified.
Key property features include the use of sustainable building materials, water efficient plumbing fixtures, the implementation of enhanced Green Cleaning procedures and an Ecozone. The Ecozone features over 30 preferred parking spaces for electric, hybrid, carpooling, and car-sharing vehicles as well as 9 EV charging spots. Additionally, the Bay Adelaide Centre offers 417 bike room spots with dedicated change rooms for tenants fully equipped with lockers and shower facilities.
Bay Adelaide Centre is BOMA 360 designated through BOMA International. This international designation recognizes excellence in property management and operations, including environmental best practices.
- Savings are calculated as 2014 vs 2018
- Figures represent absolute data. Normalization factors such as weather & occupant density, or operational changes are not included.
Green amenities and highlights at Bay Adelaide Centre include:
- Annual Earth Hour participant
- Annually report to Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey
- Contributes to LEED® CI Certification in Tenant spaces
- Ecozone in parking garage
- Enwave Deep Lake Water Cooling (DLWC)
- FSC Certified paper products
- Green roof installed on East Tower Podium
- myBrookfield engagement app with sustainability tips, news, and events
- Recycled rainwater from the West Tower used for 100% of landscape irrigations, non-potable water for floors 1-6 of the West Tower and floors 1-12 of the East Tower
- Tenant bike room and shower facilities
At Brookfield Properties, we work directly with our waste management providers, tenants, building occupants, and visitors towards a common goal of reducing the amount of waste we generate and send to landfill. By ensuring the correct items are placed in each waste bin, we can reduce the amount of contamination found in our waste streams. Since contaminated waste streams often end up as landfill, making the right bin choice is a quick way to make a positive impact on our community.
Waste Sorting Tips and Tricks
- Ensure all containers are empty before recycling
- Look for recycling numbers on the underside of jars and bottles for recycling information
- When recycling large boxes in the office, break them down so that they are flat
- We have engaged a service provider who undertakes off-site sorting of recyclables.
- Remember that recycling at work is not the same as home
- Remember that anything contaminated will go straight to the garbage dump
- When in doubt, ask your tenant services manager where your waste goes