Bankers Hall Environmental Overview
At Bankers Hall, we are committed to providing the highest quality commercial office space while bringing responsible environmental solutions and innovative energy-saving strategies to our tenants. This is evident by both the environmental programs that we support and the green amenities that we offer at the building.
Bankers Hall is certified Gold in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance (LEED® EB:OM) rating system. As part of LEED® Gold certification, the building has well established Green Cleaning and Sustainable Purchasing Programs. Finally, through the property’s Sustainable Transportation program, they have determined that 85% of building occupants use a sustainable form of transportation when traveling to and from the building.
Bankers Hall is BOMA 360 designated through BOMA International. This international designation recognizes excellence in six aspects of property management and operations, including Building Operations & Management; Life Safety, Security & Risk Management; Training & Education; Energy; Environment & Sustainability; and Tenant Relations & Community Involvement.
- Savings are calculated as 2014 vs 2018
- Figures represent absolute data. Normalization factors such as weather & occupant density, or operational changes are not included.
Green amenities and highlights at Bankers Hall include:
- Annual Earth Hour participant
- Annually report to Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey
- Bike parking & maintenance facilities
- BOMA 360 Pilot Participant
- Contributes to LEED® CI Certification in Tenant spaces
- FSC Certified paper products
- Membership in Green Calgary Association
- Quarterly tenant Green Team meetings
- myBrookfield engagement app with sustainability tips, news, and events
At Brookfield Properties, we work directly with our waste management providers, tenants, building occupants, and visitors towards a common goal of reducing the amount of waste we generate and send to landfill. By ensuring the correct items are placed in each waste bin, we can reduce the amount of contamination found in our waste streams. Since contaminated waste streams often end up as landfill, making the right bin choice is a quick way to make a positive impact on our community.
Waste Sorting Tips and Tricks
- Ensure all containers are empty before recycling
- Look for recycling numbers on the underside of jars and bottles for recycling information
- When recycling large boxes in the office, break them down so that they are flat
- Remember that recycling at work is not the same as home
- Remember that anything contaminated will go straight to the garbage dump
- When in doubt, ask your tenant services manager where your waste goes