Since 2012, Brookfield has proudly provided First Canadian Place tenants with LEED EB:OM (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Existing Buildings Operations & Maintenance) Gold Certified office space. LEED EB:OM certification recognizes sustainable building operations and performance, and is valid for five years.
With the expiry date of our first LEED EB:OM certification approaching, we are pleased to announce that we will be pursuing recertification at First Canadian Place and that as of August 1st, 2017 we have started our three month Performance Period.
Should you wish to partner with us on this important initiative, you and your co-workers can:
1. Sustainability Events: We will be hosting sustainability events during our performance period. Remember to check the axiis app for details and other environmental initiatives at First Canadian Place.
2. Water Conservation: avoid using excess water in the kitchens and washrooms. Report any problems with sinks, faucets or toilets on your floor.
3. Energy Conservation: Conserve energy by asking employees turn off computers, desk lights and all tenant controlled lighting at the end of the day. Over the course of the next two months, Building Operations will conduct a lighting fixture audit within your premise after hours.
4. Recycling: Make recycling second nature by separating all paper, plastic, cans, bottles, and organics in their appropriate bins
5. E-Waste & Batteries: avoid throwing electronic waste and hazardous materials in the garbage. Use the bins provided or call 310-SERV to arrange for these items to be picked up.
6. Smoking: sustain a smoke-free environment by not smoking near doorways, windows, or air intakes. Keep our building’s air clean by staying 9 meters (29 feet) away from all openings.
If you have any questions about how you can contribute in the certification process, please do not hesitate to contact the Management Office. To learn more about Brookfield’s environmental initiatives, download the axiis app or visit www.greeningbrookfield.com. For further details regarding the LEED EB:OM program, visit the website at: www.gbci.org